We believe in constant attention to excellence and focus on successful strategies to perform well in clinical quality and patient safety, driving value-based care. This is a key driver to grow the scope of hospital services, successfully sustain physician engagement, retention and recruitment; and to build a regional reputation and influence.
At RCCH, we support the hospital staff with a system of clinical quality that has proven success. All the programs and resources are interrelated and overlap, working collaboratively to improve clinical programs and outcomes.
Oversight and hands on support in fulfilling the requirements of all Quality initiatives:
- Value Based Purchasing
- Hospital Star Rating
- Hospital Acquired Conditions
- Patient Safety Indicators
Oversight for becoming a Highly Reliable and Safe Organization
- Utilize the principles of Healthcare Performance Improvement, LLC to reduce Serious Safety Events
Support and expertise on Patient Flow and Clinical Operations
- ED Throughput
- OR Optimization
Oversight and hands on support in complying and preparing for all regulatory matters
- CMS surveys
- Joint Commission Surveys
- Center of Excellence initiatives
- CARF and CAP surveys
- All certifications
Oversight and development of a Physician Leadership Group
- Establish a CEO cabinet to enhance physician input into operational strategies
Support with all credentialing, peer review and medical staff bylaws issues
- There is a dedicated medical staff attorney for all medical staff issues
- There are subject matter experts in contemporary peer review and credentialing
Support for medical staff IT needs
- Successful attestation of Meaningful Use
- Optimization of EMR to facilitate clinical workflow and staff satisfaction
- Support interoperability and enhance physician communication
We use LEAN programs and protocols that combine affirmative workplace standards, strong employee participation in the improvement process and the tools/feedback for constant measurement of patient, physician and employee satisfaction. This includes activities that recognize and celebrate our successes.
We institute quality programs that utilize clinical professionals, technology, and innovation to track and measure performance in key clinical areas.
We have a strong and formal program of compliance and ethics exists that clarifies and advocates standards and protocols that are aligned with governmental requirements and ethical conduct. This involves the hospital board, the medical staff and employees and has had a profound positive impact on clinical quality.
RCCH’s access to significant capital is essential to purchase and continuously upgrade the resources that are crucial to clinical quality improvement.